Sunday, 15 January 2017

Music for a Sunday morning



I have to admit, I love youtube (for some things).

Today I found 2 versions of one of my favourite pieces of music, a track from Peter Gabriel's "Passion Sources". That's a collection of music from the Middle East (and surrounds) that he used as inspiration when writing another album, "Passions". Both albums are available in full on youtube.



This is the track as I know it - if you have earbuds, use them to get the full effect. I love that you can hear the breath of the flute player. It's achingly beautiful.








And here is the other version, with lyrics. Now I understand why it always sounded like a love song to me. Haunting, deeply beautiful, both.





2 comments:

  1. Such a Sunday! This music melted my heart, cleared off some debris stuck to it, put all pieces back together, and crystal clear flowing now.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, glad to hear it.

      Delete