Saturday, 4 February 2017

Get up and dance!



I'm baa-aack!

Yeah, I know you may not have noticed my absence, but let me tell you, for a while there the 'events' in the 'news' have had me spluttering and fuming so bad I could barely string a sentence together without the word 'clusterfuck' in it.



Not that there is anything wrong with the word 'clusterfuck'. It rolls rather trippingly off the tongue, don't you think? It's even fun to type. Clusterfuck. Yep. Fun to type.

And apt for our times.

But I've come to the point where I can laff again. Nothing has changed, not really. America has been one big reality show for a long time now, a show sponsored by the big corporations. Big Oil runs the State Department? Well, some of us knew that already. At least now it's out in the open. So, you know (yawn) what-EVER, man.

Meanwhile, Creation itself is still humming along as it ever did. Still here calling out to us all, saying "here, you might need this!" to get us healthy and keep us that way. And as those morsels of wild foods and medicines, as that fresh air, as that sunshine and as that ground under our bare feet make their way through our blood and into our hearts we just keep developing our immunity to the sickness that is society. So fuck 'em.

Don't moan and complain - Dance!





And dance some more!




8 comments:

  1. I say 'yess' no moaning. Let's dance.' My husband says ' we've got to put some reality into this'.
    Hmm no! I think dancing is good:) love this woman's music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dancing IS reality :-)

      We saw Buffy Sainte Marie live a few years ago, 70 yrs old and she blows the kids out of the water. She's from my neck of the woods, Saskatchewan.

      Delete
  2. I noticed your absence. Thought maybe winter had finally frozen you. I could only listen to a snippet of the songs. I was hoping to hear a rendition of an old hymn I grew up singing, "There's power, power, wonder working power, in the blood, of the lamb...in the precious blood of the lamb." Nope. It's a hand-clapper, could be a dance song, too, I suppose. I feel kind of irresponsible, but I'm ignoring the news. I'll check in at intervals. There's always fiascos and swift changes at first till things calm down. But then again, must be careful not to bury my head either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Thought maybe winter had finally frozen you" haha something like that. Only colder. I'm not sure burying one's head is such a terrible thing. If'n you can't fix something, why fret about it? Or something. I hope you try again with the songs, the first one has really hopeful, sweet lyrics.

      Delete
  3. Yep, circling, spinning, dancing, singing. It's all sacred. Listen! Can't you hear it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose I would prefer Terri's suggestion; we still use traditional hymns in our home worship. However, I have room for a little of the stuff you linked. Musical taste is one of those things that's highly variable. It says more about us than it does the music itself.

    I'm glad you have gotten a little thaw in your soul, Sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my soul's just fine thanks Brother. And to me, those two pieces are soul music.

      Delete